UFC on ESPN 24: Waterson vs. Rodriguez Weigh-In Results
UFC on ESPN 24 emanates live from the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. It features an underappreciated card that, in this writer’s opinion, carries PPV energy, minus a big named marquee matchup. The weigh-ins for Saturday night’s card are in the books. Some rather odd circumstances took place, resulting in a few fights being removed, but here we are. Both lady strawweights made weight, making the main event official.
Here’s a look back at the uniqueness that was the UFC on ESPN 24 weigh-ins.
· Marina Rodriguez (125.5) vs. Michelle Waterson (125)
· Donald Cerrone (170) vs. Alex Morono (170.5)
· Neil Magny (170.5) vs. Geoff Neal (171)
· Diego Ferreria (160.5) vs Gregor Gillespie (156)**
· Maurice Greene (237) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (264.5)
· Amanda Ribas (116) vs. Angela Hill (115.5)
· Philipe Lins (TBD) vs. Ben Rothwell (264.5)***
· Kyle Daukaus (186) vs. Phil Hawes (186)
· Ludovit Klein (146) vs. Michael Trizano (146)
· Zarrukh Adashev (TBD) vs. Ryan Benoit (129)*
· Tafun Nchukwi (186) vs. Jun Yong Park (186)
· Christian Aguilera (170.5) vs. Carlston Lindsay Harris (170.5)
*Ryan Garcia showing signs of a bad weight cut, was able to hit the scale but weighed in three pounds over the non-title fight weight limit of 126 pounds.
**Diego Ferreria weighed in at 160.5 pounds, placing at 4.5 pounds above the lightweight, non-title bout weight limit. The fight will proceed as scheduled and Ferreria will have to forfeit 30% of his fight purse.
***At around 1:45pm EST, Ben Rothwell took to Twitter to announce his fight with Philipe Lins has been scratched due to an unforeseen illness. We will provide details on this matter as they surface.
After about a 10-minute delay, doctors ruled Benoit ineligible to fight due to the aforementioned signs. Whether Adashev fights or is forced off the card, HF Media MMA will keep you all abreast on the latest regarding his status. After hitting the scale, fighters for UFC on ESPN 24 followed up with immediate staredowns. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, it’s go time. Follow me on Twitter at @itsjustanthoff and follow us at @HF_Media for more great content! Also, be sure to check out the HF Media on such social media platforms as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to join in on the discussion!